Logic Pro (X) One note not working.

Bob Smart

Logician
I'm using an Akai keyboard with Logic and the A below middle C doesn't sound until hit with maximum velocity. The key works fine if I transpose the keyboard down an octave then the A above middle C has the same problem. It's obviously not mechanical as the keyboard works fine with Digital Performer. It's like a midi input filter on key #58 until velocity is 127. Any clue how to remedy this?

Logic -- > control surfaces-->bypass control surfaces
If that solves it - report back and I will tell you how to permanently fix it.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give that a whirl on Monday. Report back and I'll tell you how to permanently fix it... Isn't that a line from This Island Earth? Am I going to assemble an Interocitor?

Bob.

Upvote 0
No but you likely will be required to go into the control surface setup and delete the note you have accidentally set to do something other than play a tone. The bypass control surfaces test will verify that is in fact the case - if the note starts to work after you do the bypass

Upvote 0
Logic Pro -> control surfaces-> controller assignments ( expert view).
One of those entries has the note in question and you need to delete it.
If its a note event it will appear in the upper right hand column or in the middle of the right hand column and start with the word....Note
You need to delete that entry from the control surfaces and then all will be be better!!!

Upvote 0
I'll take your word for that and give er a twirl. Question two, in performer I can select some midi notes or some bits of audio and play them back using whateverthehell assigned keystroke. I haven't found such a thing in Logic. Select some events and play them back without having to make new regions or soloing. Glad I found out about double clicking a midi event to get the info bar regarding an events note, velocity, duration and time. Why can't I do the same thing with audio and where is the snap to grid function for audio? Let's say I'not totally sold on flex for audio quantizing. Let's say I'm going old school and cut everything up and quantize those events, how do I do that? So many questions. I've used performer since the eighties and understand it in and out so, so many questions.

Upvote 0
Screen Shot 2016-12-21 at 9.57.18 AM.png

Upvote 0
Hey! I'm having the same problem! thanks for the short term fix with the bypass method, but I'm having trouble finding any "note message" The only commands in the control surfaces seems to be non key related, like rewind, faders, knobs, I see no mention or change in the displayed data, when I hit the keys, I have no idea how to find what you're saying I need to, to fix it. I appreciate u being there, this has bummed me out...

Upvote 0
Same problem here with the note 'A2' only showing 'note OFF' in Logic's Control bar and there is no sound - as an aside, this is only on Midi Channel 1. Clicking 'Bypass Contol Surfaces' works but I have to keep doing it when I re-open projects.....I have looked and found an 'A2' that is assigned to 'User' on my Presonus mixer controller showing (I use it in DAW mode sometimes) but deleting this command doesn't stop the problem....I can't find 'A2's anywhere else so I am a bit stumped :(

Upvote 0
Back