Logic Pro (X) Only Show Selected Regions in Event List?

Descartes

Logician
Is there a way to just show the selected audio regions in the Event list?

This comes up when want to modify multiple regions at once in the Event list. If I select the desired regions in the Arrange window, these are indeed selected in the Event list, but interspersed in the massively long list of every other region in the project. I would like to just see the selected Events in the Event list.

(This came up now, for example, when I wanted to compare the start times of a number of regions in a track, and adjust those start times, either individually, or all at once).

Is this not possible?

You can deactivate the SPL symbol in the menu row of the event list.
Looks like that: >T<
Then the list shows only the selected region. Does not work for multiple regions.

Upvote 0
You can deactivate the SPL symbol in the menu row of the event list.
Looks like that: >T<
Then the list shows only the selected region. Does not work for multiple regions.

Thank you for the suggestion...I tried that, but it made no difference. The list still shows all the regions in the project.
Anyway, showing the single region won't help in my case...I want to show all the selected regions at once in the event list (e.g. select an entire track; see just those regions of that track in the Event list).

Upvote 0
see if this helps.... in preferences editing make sure select regions on track selection is checked ( enabled ).
Then when you select a track header - all regions on that track are selected.
in the event list - hit the up arrow icon ( top left) of the event list... and the event list will highlight all regions which are currently highlighted ( which are all the ones on the selected track)...

selected region in the event list.gif

Upvote 0
Only just seen this post but thought I'd reply as I found a solution.
Select all the audio regions you want to view and pack them in to a folder first.
Hope that helps.
Ash

Upvote 0
Back