I'm sure this is common knowledge to many Melodyne gurus out there but it wasn't obvious to me until yesterday. In pitch correcting a vocal I started to use melodyne's amplitube control to bring up the volume in certain words, to make my mixing easier later. Then, I started to turn down breath noises for the same reason. Finally, it dawned on me to use it as a desser. So, I started to isolate the problem ss's and brought them down in volume as well! I think it's going to be my new mix tool for lead vocals. On another note I had to do a lot of timing surgery on this vocal and Melodyne worked much better by itself verses having to chop things up in the DAW (in this case Digital Performer). I think I'll stay in the plug in environment for all lead vocal fixes from now on.