Logic Pro 8 output problem on v.5 songs opened in v.8

drzygote

Logician
hi

i run logic 5 on a pc and also logic 8 on a mac, which i use for mixdowns.

i run a motu 828 mk II with both.

when i open songs in the mac, it only shows two stereo outputs on the environment window.

if i pan a track to, say, output 7-8, it will come out of those outputs on the soundcard, but no corresponding mixer channel is created and there is no corresponding channel on the environment window. this is a problem if i need to adjust levels or put effects or automation across the whole output.

does anyone have similar experiences? its getting a tad annoying.

it behaves fine on projects that were started on the mac.

thanks people

z

i worked it out. I need to create the outputs in the environment window, and then they will appear in the mixer when they are used.

schoolboy error, sorry folks

Upvote 0
Thanks for coming back and explaining that. It's always better than saying nothing and letting people make suggestions about something you found out by yourself :thmbup:

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
FTR, I have seen similar behavior with pre L8 songs opened up in L8. The automatic channel creation doesn't work properly, the way it does on "native" projects that are started in L8.

I have also seen odd behavior when creating a new send in an old project - where Logic creates a legacy "bus" object instead of an aux object with that bus pathway assigned to it. It seems to depend on wether the bus object existed in the project previously or not.

So - just wanted to confirm that this seems to be the expected behavior when dealing with older songs in L8. The workaround, as you have figured out, is fairly simple. Just create the objects manually.

Upvote 0
I've seen this too,
my workaround is to open L8 first,
then import the V5 session. I dont have the same motu I/O but it works with the fireface when projects from V5 come in still pointing to an Audiowerks8(remember that one?) and old gear.
Good Luck
Ciao
Gio

Upvote 0
Back