Logic Pro X Piano sustain

sonnykeyes

Logician
What kind of pedal do you have? I know some of the newer digital pianos have a 'half-pedal effect' so maybe your pedal has this feature? If it's messing you up, you can go to the Environment window and in the Clicks & Ports section insert a Transformer object that will eliminate all the Control 64 non-0 or -127 events.
Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.53.16 PM.png

Hedgehog

I'm having a tricky issue with my sustain pedal. In the Event List, I'm seeing values in between 0 and 127, so I'm finding that the sustain isn't ever really "clearing" when it should (ie if I have not fully released the pedal, but retained a slight foot pressure on it perhaps). I thought sustain would be either value=0 or value=127 (ie. sustain off or sustain on) - I'm surprised to find values in between as well!
Anyone know what I can do to remedy this? At the moment all my recordings that use pedal are sounding blurry! :(
PS - here's a screen shot of a portion of the Event List. It's very rare that I see value=0 (so the sustain is hardly ever completely turning off) - I managed to find one occasion of it for this screen grab, but as you can see it has loads of in-between values too.
What kind of pedal do you have? I know some of the newer digital pianos have a 'half-pedal effect' so maybe your pedal has this feature? If it's messing you up, you can go to the Environment window and in the Clicks & Ports section insert a Transformer object that will eliminate all the Control 64 non-0 or -127 events.
View attachment 1951
Thank you so much for your helpful response. I have a Yamaha CVP-635, and it hadn't occured to me about the "half-pedal" thing, but I went through the keyboard's menu options and found that the sustain pedal has two modes: sustain switch, or sustain continuously. It had "continuously" selected. I've altered it to switch, and now I see (in Logic's transport panel) only two control 64 values: 0 and 127! Problem solved!! Happy Hedgehog!!! :)))) Thank you again.