Logic Pro (X) Please help. This is a final plea!

I have NO idea what is going on! I can NOT get any....repeat ANY!!...audio signal from logic. I'm running Logic 10.4.1 and I have a iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3. It suddenly stopped working. Using a steinberg ur22. and also a Samson Meteor mic which is woking fine in Audition.

No one. Repeat.....NO ONE...has been able to work out what the problem is. I've spoken to many other users...no luck.

Please...i beg! help me out! I will personally shower the person with gifts that can solve this problem for me.

cheers people

Michael

Michael, here are a few things to check:

Is the Mac capable of playing back any audio whatsoever? For example, from itunes, or any internet media (youtube etc.) If so, is this working through your Steinberg interface, or only through the Mac's internal audio?

Is the steinberg device visible in Audio Midi Setup? If it is, have you/can you select it as Logic's audio device?
Is logic able to playback anything through the Mac's internal audio?

Which Mac OS version are you running?
Is the steinberg device software up to date? Here you can find more information:

HTH, kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Thanks Mark, I'll have a look at the steinberg audio setup.

Yes, there's nothing wrong with the mac's audio. I can play audio everywhere else, and make music though logic, but any audio devices are not recognised. I'm even recording through Audition and then placing those samples back into Logic which work fine.

Is the steinberg device visible in Audio Midi Setup? If it is, have you/can you select it as Logic's audio device?
Is logic able to playback anything through the Mac's internal audio?

I"ll have a look at that

Which Mac OS version are you running?
I"m on 10.4.1 Logic, and am on Mojave 10.14.5

Is the steinberg device software up to date? Here you can find more information:
will also check it out.

Thanks again mark! I'm at my wits end :brkwl:

Upvote 0
Michael, the current version of Logic is 10.4.6. Not saying that it will solve your problem, but it would certainly make sense to back up version 10.4.1, then update to 10.4.6, which will run in Mojave.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Logic 10.4.6 is running very well for me on two machines, one with OSX 10.14.6, the other with OSX 10.4.4. Both have vast numbers of audio units (1000+) installed. Having said that, I would never say that there are never going to be some incompatibilities, but the important thing to do is make sure you have created a backup of your current logic version before updating. that way, if things go wrong, you simply revert to the backup.

kind regards

Mark

Upvote 0
Thanks mark. Still no luck. Any point sharing screen shots to shed more light on any potential problems?

I've isolated the problem down toLogic not being able to record any audio through it. THat's even with the mac's own mic. The mic picks up fine in Adobe Audition, but nothing in Logic.

Upvote 0
By all means post some screenshots Michael. I would expect that there is some fundamental setting which is not correct on your system. I presume that you are trying to record to an audio track, as opposed to an instrument, external Midi or drummer track?

Upvote 0
Back