Logic Pro X Plug In Problem

dougjammer

Logician
It takes about 4-1/2 min. to load Logic. I have version 10.6.3. I use a Mac Mini and Catalina 10.15.7. The message is that it is scanning audio plugins. When I go to Preferences and choose Plug-In Manager, I see two older items that are not compatible; consequently, I unchecked the "Use" option. Nonetheless, it seems to be scanning these old items. They are SampleTank 2 and Philharmonik. Both of these are 32 bit. I tried to remove these two plugins from the list, but the option for 'Remove' is greyed out.
Can anyone suggest a fix?
Thanks!
Doug

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
I magine this may not the "correct" but it has worked for me to just delete the plugin form the directory Library > Audio Plug-ins > Components

Upvote 0

Peter Ostry

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it is correct to just remove the plugin from it's folder.
But this leaves a lot of unnecessary garbage on disk. Setting, presets, preferences, samples etc. If you don´t want this, you can search the disk for the plugin stuff with a good program and delete manually all files related to the plugin. Preferably search for folders first and reveal the found folders in Finder. Here you can see what you delete. Usually I delete all support files/folders of the plugin first, and then the plugin itself. All from within the search program.

Some plugins offer an uninstaller but I've never met one that really deletes all related stuff.

Upvote 0

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it is correct to just remove the plugin from it's folder.
OK, well I'd call my advice semi-correct because ideally you would want to remove all subsequently redundant guff.

I have a nice app Clean My Mac, which (supposedly) does remove all the other guff when when you delete an application. I haven't tested if it works on plugins, I imagine it may not.

Upvote 0

dougjammer

Logician
I haven't had success removing the plugins. Logic still takes a long time to load and when I go to plugin manager, this is what I see.
Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 8.15.49 PM.png
Where do I find the folder that lets me delete the two that are causing the delay?
Thanks!

Upvote 0