Logic Pro X Plugins randomly going haywire

Crystken

New Member
I've begun to experience problems with my tracks playing different instruments than what was recorded and saved. I use a MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i5 w/8G RAM, and I'm using Spectrasonics Omnisphere, Alchemy, and Logic plug-ins all together on the majority of projects. I'm listening to the completed project for mixing purposes and suddenly the sounds have changed to some other instruments on multiple tracks at a time. Have never had this problem until recently. I work from a 2TB external solid state drive with a 3TB G-drive backup, so my internal drive still has over half its 499GB capacity. My sounds are store on the backup drive. I'm having to reinstall the sounds on the tracks recorded and it works with some exception (different sounds than originally selected although the track shows it's the right voice name). I've lost valuable tracks before I could figure out to just try and reload them, and it worked. But it keeps happening. Any answers to this problem please? Thanks.
 

AlexDingley

Logician
This sounds really wild and strange. Did you end up getting to the bottom of the problem? Is it still happening on newly created songs?Due to no one else posting about it, I’m sorta wondering if it was just a unique problem with your machine / prefs.
 

Crystken

New Member
Thanks for responding in Alex.
Haven't been able to pinpoint why it happened, and it's happened yet again! I've completed recording all tracks and I'm listening to the mix, and as many as 10 recorded instrument tracks are affected. What I've noticed this time is that the recorded tracks are now playing an instrument from another track, like they have swapped instruments between themselves (the Drum track is playing, but using a Bass sound, etc). So I went back through the project to reinstall the correct instruments on the correct tracks and some sounds are not the originally recorded sounds (Grand Piano is the one originally selected and recorded but reinstalled it's a different piano sound, though it still shows Grand Piano).
Can't figure it out.
 

AlexDingley

Logician
Some basic troubleshooting questions probably apply here:

Does this happen to ALL sessions created on this Mac?
When did this problem start happening?
Around the time the problem started happening, did anything else (notable) change on that Mac and/or did this problem follow a recent Logic or MacOS update?
Were these sessions all created on this same computer?
Were these sessions all created around the same time period?
Are there any other common things about the sessions in which this problem happens?

If you’re able to do a screen-recording of one of these sessions misbehaving... it would make a huge impact on others’ abilities to help out. Without seeing screenshots and/or a video capture of this problem, it’s hard to make any suggestions that would be more subtle than “erase and re-install everything”.
 

Crystken

New Member
Thank you again sir for responding.
This only happened to 3 different sessions at three different times. The first time was probably several months ago, then the two most recent were a couple weeks apart.
There was no notable change to the system, no update, nothing I can recall when it first happened but I have since updated the operating system on the Mac.
All sessions were created on the same computer but at very different times, some ranging from months to years apart.
The only commonality is that it happens during mix/playback, never a problem while recording. And once I reinstalled the correct initial voice to the correct initial track I didn't see any more problems like this to that particular session.

I'm just returning from a two-week vacation so I haven't fired up the system yet to do any work.
 
Top