Logic Pro 8 problem loading up Logic

Rippy

i have been using Logic Pro 8 for 3 yrs now and i love it. But recently i was messing around with the settings and changed something in preferences with the DAE setting. I don't remember what exactly it was b/c i was in the middle of session with and just messing around with some musicians. But now every time Logic opens up it says "DAE requires 25 MB of memory. You have 0 allocated . You must reboot your computer for changes to take place.'

Then I have to hit the 'quit' button which then kicks me out of the program.

I can't even get into Logic at this point. I can't even get into preferences b/c its grayed out. I can't use the program AT ALL.

Can someone PLEASE help? I can't figure out what went wrong or what to do to fix it.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

You might consider letting the readers in on your hardware, as your problem may not be software related. Are you using ProTools HD cards? A G5?

My first thought was to suggest you reinstall Logic 8, but you may have pressed a radio button that is incompatible with your hardware [?], or you may have an old, flakey hard drive [?], or funky memory [?].

Upvote 0
i have been using Logic Pro 8 for 3 yrs now and i love it. But recently i was messing around with the settings and changed something in preferences with the DAE setting. I don't remember what exactly it was b/c i was in the middle of session with and just messing around with some musicians. But now every time Logic opens up it says "DAE requires 25 MB of memory. You have 0 allocated . You must reboot your computer for changes to take place.'

Then I have to hit the 'quit' button which then kicks me out of the program.

I can't even get into Logic at this point. I can't even get into preferences b/c its grayed out. I can't use the program AT ALL.

Can someone PLEASE help? I can't figure out what went wrong or what to do to fix it.

Thanks

Hi Rippy, my Logic 8 just started doing the same thing today. Can you please share how and if you fixed this issue! I'm @ a stand still w/ much work needed to get done ASAP!

Thanks, John

Upvote 0
Back