Logic Pro 8 Problems setting project to 96,000 kHz

#1
I tried to create a new project recording at 96000 for the first time.
I set the project rate and RME Fireface settings accordingly, but the MIDI click I created ran slower than the bpm and continued running for a while after STOP.

So I reverted to my usual 44.1 and got on with it.

What have I missed?

pete
 
#2
I think I've sorted it by re-setting Audio prefs - the only way I know to do this is to switch Audio prefs I/O Buffer Size.

It seems L8 won't play properly if I switch the frequencies of both the Project and the interface until I reset these prefs. somehow. IOW a 3-stage process.

Is this documented somewhere?

pete
 

Markdvc

Administrator
Staff member
#3
Peter, in my experience this is to an extent dependent on the Audio Hardware you are using. Switching Sample Rates in Logic with either my Metric Halo 2882 or ULN 8 in use, the MH Console software used to control the Hardware switches them to whatever sample rate I selected without any trouble. With RME, well, I got it to work but it seemed to have a few hiccups. TBH, I never investigated this enough to be able to say exactly what it was that either didn't work, or (quite likely) I did wrong, but using the Fireface 800, on switching to 88,2 or 96 kHz, I did sometimes get the dreaded Audio Sync error turning up in Logic.

Sorry if this isn't much help, but at least you know that you aren't on your own :)

kind regards

Mark
 
#5
yep - there's an updater and specifically designed to solve this problem:

" driver 2.65 tries to remedy the problems with FireWire bus resets"

which I have installed and the problem is sorted. However, when I visited there just now to verify the matter for the sake of this email, the download has been withdrawn and the forum is awash with problems about this version.

So lucky me, not so lucky others

pete
 
Top