Logic Pro (X) Problems with bounced tracks for a performance session

r_geezy

I have live audio tracks recorded in logic, which I am preparing for a live performance where I'll be sending tracks to a mixing board and mixing them live (dub style). I'd like to get all of the songs into one session but the problem is when I try to paste in tracks that I bounced in place on another session, some of my new tracks will playback the audio of other tracks. When I solo one, it solos another track from another song so it appears they are linked in some way. What is the most effective way to accomplish my goal without running into these issues? Multiple songs...tracked out...in a session...

You have all your bounced and properly named stems neatly structured in folders in the Finder, right ? And you are using the same stem structure (bass, kick, snare, melody, pad, percussion, etc) in all songs, otherwise it'll be hell to live-mix.

- In the Finder, select all stems from one project and drag them into the Region area of a new Project's Main window
- You'll be asked where these should be put and you choose to Create New Tracks for these
- Select the next bunch of stems in the Finder and drop these after the first bunch into the Main Window.
- You'll be asked where these should be put and you choose to Use Existing Tracks
- Repeat this for all songs
- Do the routing to single outputs for your tracks
- Done

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back