Logic Pro 9 Program Change for Controller and Synth

stonyramshackle

Hi All!
I haven't been around here for a long long time, since Logic 3 days at least...
I've built a number of synth editors a while back and I just went through the Swiftkick files, but I'm stuck, and my skills are pretty rusty (or maybe it's not possible)

I started writing that and then went to bed.
Got up this morning and had another go. Turns out I'm not so rusty after all.

I had just finished programming some editing templates for external synths on my Novation SLmkII keyboard and I wanted to have logic send a program change to the SL controller as soon as I selected the instrument in the arrange window. in other words, when I select my Oberheim Matrix 6, I want the SL to automatically switch over to it's OBM6 template.

I couldn't figure out how to do that exactly, simply selecting the instrument doesn't necessarily send out a message.
But, I split the output of the Oberheim multi-instrument so now when I send a program change to the Oberheim it goes out and it goes to a transformer.
The transformer takes any program change on any channel and fixes them to the SLmkII channel
It also fixes that data byte (data byte 2 in this case) so that the correct program/template number is selected on the SL... woo hoo :thmbup:

Kelly

I couldn't figure out how to do that exactly, simply selecting the instrument doesn't necessarily send out a message.
Select the Instrument track or the Multi (sub) track and check the "Prg" box in the Inspector. In this scenario when select that track the "Standard Instrument" or the Multi "Sub" track will send the Program Change # set to the right automatically.

Upvote 0
Yep you are right about this.
Even better.
I programmed that transformer away from the real gear.
When I brought this into the studio it was looping.
For the moment Checking filter duplicate events seems to have sorted it out.
Thanks for the heads up Tangra

Upvote 0
Back