Logic Pro 9 Project Crashes on Play

LMPaule

Logician
It seems like its my day for problems. :( One of the current projects I am working on has decided to crash LP 9 9.1.3. Each time I hit Play, I get the spinning pinwheel and need to force quit. I have loaded other projects and they work fine, so I am wondering how to fix this one. It has about 10 audio files that average 1 to 2 measures long. Each of this is used on about 5 regions apiece.

In an effort to fix, I have deleted the unused audio files. Note, this was done after the problem occurred. I have individually listened to all of the files/regions in the bin and they play fine. Any thoughts you have on how to recover this would be helpful.

Thanks

Eli

Logician
You could try creating a new clean project, and then using the track import feature from the browser tab to bring the tracks over to the fresh project. It might do the trick.

Upvote 0

LMPaule

Logician
Eli, thanks. I had thought about rebuilding region by region but I hadn't thought about the track import. Before I was about to attempt the rebuild, I thought I would try one more thing. I turned off ALL effects plug ins and got the project to play. I then turned them all on again and it seems to work as it should. Not sure why it does but it does. I am now busy consolidating, what plug ins I can into a few buses.

Your advice and wisdom is always highly appreciated.

Larry

Upvote 0

LMPaule

Logician
Part 2

There is more to the story. The project started crashing again. I used your tip of importing tracks to a new project. I think I was able to isolate the offending track by this method. I don't know why it causes the crash but it does. I still haven't worked out a complete solution but, I have more things to try. Anyone else who has had this issue, please let me know what you learned.

Larry

Upvote 0