Logic Pro 9 Real Time Mono Audio input Pitch Shift?

David51

Logician
Does anyone know if this is possible? The Pitch shifter,not shifter 2 or vocal shifter, won't show the Project tuning settings, will it need a Live input to work? Or does it only work in Main Stage?

George Leger, this is what you mentioned which opened a whole new world of Logic possibilities, If it works in real time. I was not using it but I think this would have solved the semitone difference I was hearing on a stereo channel which worked fine when not record enabled. By hitting the record enable button I unknowingly open a path from my Audio/MIDI input 2 which somehow was audible without there being a channel strip for it. I can turn that input down but I would rather learn how the insert works, I tried it but it doesn't apply the Project settings 'Master tuning' and 'scale values', says its' 'disabled' well so am I but I still work.
Anyone know how to fire up this effect?

Tangra, Thanks, I was using that but I don't know Logic well enough to get the thing to work, it may only work on Live Mic input for all I know.

Upvote 0
Well, referring to your initial question, it is not clear what you are actually looking for...:confused:
The Tuner would definitely give you the tune of what is fed with.
And if you are looking for pitch correction, I would suggest that you read chapter 10 of the Logic Studio Effects manual, where you could surely find what you need regarding pitch correction, either realtime or post-production, extreme or subtle type...:D

Upvote 0
What about loading the audio file into the EXS 24 and then using pitch bend. That should do the trick.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Eli, the problem turned out not to be in Logic but in the MIDI controller-an AKai EWI4000 Breath Controller that was used as a showroom model and the mouthpiece had been damaged by too many sax players biting too hard on it. I had suspected this and ordered a new mouthpiece [€25], and that solved many problems. As atlas pointed out I need to read chapter ten again, I wish there was an affordable e-reader that I could fill with all the Studio pdf Manuals and not have my screen filled with help and be unable to see the Logic project I was looking for help to get it going.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Eli, the problem turned out not to be in Logic but in the MIDI controller-an AKai EWI4000 Breath Controller that was used as a showroom model and the mouthpiece had been damaged by too many sax players biting too hard on it. I had suspected this and ordered a new mouthpiece [€25], and that solved many problems. As atlas pointed out I need to read chapter ten again, I wish there was an affordable e-reader that I could fill with all the Studio pdf Manuals and not have my screen filled with help and be unable to see the Logic project I was looking for help to get it going.

Pick up a used Nook or Sony that can read PDF's. I have all my DAW (and other) manuals, tutorials, tips, etc. On my Nook and my iPad. It's great for exactly what you describe - plus I can carry it all around when I'm traveling.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.752518,-71.434660

Upvote 0
Back