Logic Pro 9 reassigning controls from 7 to 11

Edgold

Logician
I've racked my brain trying to find out how to do this but whoever designed the online manual has made it impossible to even get into the subject.

I'm trying to reassign volume (CC7) to expression (11) in a MIDI track. Surely it's not as complicated as it looks or is it?

I'm using an EXS24 violin patch.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ed,

There are several ways to do this. The two that come to mind immediately are:

1. Use the Event List. Open it up, select a CC7 event, use the select similar command so they all become selected. Then mouse slide the controller number from 7 to 11. They will all change together.

2. Use the Transform Window. Set up a simple transformer set where the Conditions row is set to select CC 7 events. And set the Operations row to transform them to CC 11.

Upvote 0
On a related subject, after changing these (and even before) I can't, in the list view, change the expression level of the whole lot of controls. But I did find after choosing them, I could do it in hyperdraw by choosing one node and moving it up or down and, in so doing, the whole thing moves along with it.

Is it possible to do this for only a section of expression or volume controls? So far I haven't found how to do it.

Upvote 0
Whenever I've found the list view to be apparently 'locked' like that, it usually turns out that I have one event with a value of 0 and one of 127 in my selection. Deselecting the 'extreme' events frees up the rest of them to change.

Upvote 0
Sonny is correct. You can also hold down a modifier (option I think - from memory - I'm not in front of Logic currently) to override the behavior. Option shift will force all values to the same.

Upvote 0
By the way guys all this works best in the Hyper Draw - either Piano Roll or directly in the Arrange (if Autodefine the region/s/).

The Tip is:
1. Select all Hyper Draw events you want to process.
2. Click ANY of the selected hyper draw events (you will have a nice view which is top, bottom etc so you have a choice what is best to do), hold the COMMAND key and move up down all the selected events.

Note: In this scenario all the selected events will keep the level Ratio ! I.e if you move them most top - they will get flat, after that if you try to lower them they will get different ratios until you move them to bottom (get flat) and vice versa!

A.G

Upvote 0
Hi Eli,

You should correct yourself:thmbup:

I love to have a chance to select ANY event and control all others keeping the ratio in Logic, it is not the same when I move to Cubase (cause of my clients) and then I missing that power feature :D

A.G

Upvote 0
Back