Logic Pro 9 Recording input problem

Toycannon

Hello fellow Logic Users
I am a new user and tonight for some reason every time I enable record on a track be it audio or midi I get white noise and the meters peg in the red. I can not find a internal input control. I am using a digi 002 input. The input on the digi has no effect. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks.

hello Toycannon, As far as I have come in learning Logic it took years before I found out that the input level is set at the source of the sound-in your case the Mbox, does it not have a level control for the sound being sent out? The EXS instruments have a sort of control but you have to study the Manual carefully to get the ways Logic does this. For instance if you call up a GarageBand software instrument it will have it's own gain control,for other EXS instruments you will have to get used to the quirky way Logic handles this, you can adjust input level in the UI of the EXS, but do read up on the differing ways it can be used. The EXS is explained in detail in the Studio Manual for Studio Instruments[all the synths are in that Manual as well.

Upvote 0
Back