Logic Pro 7 & earlier Recovering files from 2004

flinnsorrow

Hi everybody.

I was a Logic user in the year 2004. I had an iMac and a MIDI keyboard and I made a lot of compositions on Logic.

A lot of things had happened since that year, of course, but I don't want to bore you. The thing is that recently, I discovered my old Logic files from 2004. But now I'm a PC user and I can't open these files. I would like to hear again the things I was doing at that time.

Is here a kind person who could open the files for me and convert it to MIDI?

I know everybody is busy, but I'm hopeless. I googled all the possibilities and there is nothing I can do, as far I know.

Thanks for reading this.

No, it's not resolved. A friend of mine tried to open my files with Logic 8, but the program couldn't open it. It says something like "7.2.1. version required (or older)".

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure you need to find someone with Logic 7 - that message is correct.

Your files should be small enough (if you leave out any audio) to e-mail to someone, so if you know anyone on the planet with internet service and Logic 7 they could do it for you. I've done a bit of this for people, I do charge for my services. If you want to send me a file I'd do it for free and let you know the exact procedure I use so you know what to ask for from someone who might volunteer their services.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Doug. You're really kind.

Yes, there are no audios, so the files are really small. I'll send you by e-mail (seen in your website) one file, as you say.

Upvote 0
Just to confirm I did receive your file and it's no problem to open in Logic 7.2.3, save and open that file in Logic 9.18. You'll get an e-mail back with the working file.

Upvote 0
Yes, I received. Thank you very much, Doug.

The fact is that I don't need a Logic file, only a MIDI to hear it. But the help is appreciated and now, I know that is possible to make it.

If someone volunteer the service, great. If not, we will talk again, Doug.

Upvote 0
Back