Logic Pro (X) Reducing several tracks to 1 stave in Score

Southbound

I cannot find the proper method or workaround for this problem. Tutorial for Score Editor at Mac Pro Video very good, but doesn't cover this.

In order to have various articulations on Violin 1, for example, I have to choose the appropriate instrument plug in on a separate track. So for 4 different articulations like legato, staccato, tremolo and pizzicato, I end up with 4 tracks to achieve the proper sound in the playback.

But I need to create a score for a conductor, and all the Violin 1 tracks must appear on 1 stave (with notated articulations marked).

How is this done, or what method is appropriate for these articulations? mille gracia, Readers:confused:

Your book, my issues

Jay, I received your book in the mail a couple of days ago, and of course it covers a lot of ground. BUT, I don't understand why some simple things are not working for me.

For instance: SHOW INSTRUMENTS on the score puts up the names of the Tracks in GRAY on the Left side, but no names appear when I do a PDF preview, for instance.d

Another, I converted a Treble Staff line to a single line staff for a Bass Drum part, and it shows up with a whole rests below the line. ?? Why would it do that? Worse, it doesn't let me delete them.

Jay, honestly, this is pretty frustrating stuff. : (

regards, Paul

PS You have anyone in your network in the NYC/NJ area I could take lessons from ?

Upvote 0
Hi Southbound, I understand your frustration. I don't know anyone in NYC who does that but I am sure they exist.

SHOW INSTRUMENTS is not meant for printing, it is just for visual aid. You enter the names in a Score Set for printing.

The rests showing probably means you have chosen a polyphonic staff style, which you don't want for a bass drum.

I will PM you my phone number and we can chat or do a Skype call.

Upvote 0
Mhm ... does anybody seriously use the same score for playing and printing? This seldom works for me. The playing score needs to control the instruments, their articulations and so on. This is a technical matter and the more specialities for playing a score contains, the more bizarre it tends to look. And it depends on the instruments you use.

For a clean score you may be forced to duplicate the MIDI regions, clean up the whole thing, format and add what you need. Just for printing and the interpretation by humans, not by a machine.

Upvote 0
contact

Right, I have the piece duped in order to create the score, and not concerned about how it sounds. Can you reach me when you're free at marcontellmusic@gmail? thx, Paul

Upvote 0
Back