Logic Pro (X) Reinstall Logic X

Pantonality

Logician
Hi All,

The power supply in my Mac Pro died and apparently corrupted my boot disk. That's where Logic X lived. They'll be reinstalling the OS, will that cause a problem reinstalling Logic X? Can I just re-download everything and reinstall Logic?

Steve

Hi All,

The power supply in my Mac Pro died and apparently corrupted my boot disk. That's where Logic X lived. They'll be reinstalling the OS, will that cause a problem reinstalling Logic X? Can I just re-download everything and reinstall Logic?

Steve

I can't see why it would be a problem.

Worth getting an external back up boot drive for the future! Thyen you can just rerstore it back, e.g. via Super Duper. or (I think) Time Machine.

Upvote 0
It sounded so easy, but it's been anything but. I was able to recover my Waves licenses (hoping nothing happens for at least 1 year). My iLok licenses were on that hard drive and thankfully I've been able to get that sorted with only losing one activation. There are still a few remaining issues. All the Melodyne transfers and edits were on that drive and will need to be recreated. For some unknown reason the Yamaha CFX will not intsall the samples on a separate drive (my boot disk is a 250 GB SSD, the full CFX is 122 GB), I'm still working with Make Music on that. Native Access will not reinstall Cinematic Studio Strings, it sees the folder, but doesn't recognize it. Those two libraries are critical to me.

The not funny part about this is the people who reinstalled the Mac OS have told me that I should not use High Sierra on my computer (2010 Mac Pro). They have seen similar issues with High Sierra on older Macs so they downgraded the OS to Sierra. Is this really true? The App Store tells me I have an OS upgrade available and I really should do it, that is upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. I'm curious if others have had similar experiences.

Upvote 0
The not funny part about this is the people who reinstalled the Mac OS have told me that I should not use High Sierra on my computer (2010 Mac Pro).
There are a lot of opinions on this. I'd ask them for a specific reason. I've heard of incompatibilities with some videos cards in older Msc Pros. Could be something like that. It's not just because it's old. I have HS on a 2009 iMac, a 2010 MBP, a 2012 Mini, and a 2015 Macbook. Not prefect, but no better or worse than earlier OS X versions.

Upvote 0
Back