Logic Pro (X) REPORTING MAJOR BUGS in Logic X ENVIRONMENT

JamesBRey

Logician
REPORTING MAJOR BUGS in Logic X ENVIRONMENT.

I have been using Logic since v1 on Atari and am what I consider to be a power user. I have used many versions through the years and have programmed many environments for the SYSEX control of synths. In fact, I sell them and you can see my work here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/virtual-pg/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Since the introduction of Logic X, many things in the environment are broken, Environments that worked perfectly in v4-9 now do not work in Logic X as they should.

Some examples of this are:

1) Binary calculator used and working perfectly in v4-9 (for intelligent switching purposes) creates MIDI TIMEOUT in X. Must force quit and reboot. No known cure - all tested interfaces cause the same problem - in OSX 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10 and all versions of Logic X.

2) SYSEX fader with range value of -63 to +63 does not function in X - no negative values are allowed. Works perfect in ALL previous version of Logic. Specific to certain parameters of Oberheim Matrix-1000 synth and others.

3) Checksum calculation is broken for certain Roland modules with a certain number of bytes, ie JD-990 and P-330. This is broken since Logic v8 - whereas all previous versions 4-7 function perfectly with my programmer and these modules. Have calculated checksum error since v8 on and also validated this with other users who have posted the same complaint.

This is just an example of some of the errors - there are more. If you would like to start a dialog to correct these issues please get in touch.

jbrey21@yahoo.com

Here are the answers. You must try to live with the new behavior:

1. I noted that you love to use Fader Vertical 5 which is jerky by its nature. If the Sys is not OK (as the last Fader I had to test) Logic becomes jerky as well.
2. Yes it is true, but there some tricks you can fix that. The AG Toolkit Screensets are perfect and well fixed for example...
3. I think you must click and hold the object more than usual an you can see the cable paths. It depends on the colors as well.
No problem here.
4. It seems that you are lazy to research the objects etc. Just click under the object cable pin carefully (very near to the shown pin) and a new cable pin will appear.

Upvote 0
Tangra,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Not lazy, just unfamiliar and overwhelmed by all the changed behaviors. Been working deeply in the environment for over 15 years and am used to the old ways - so here I am with a new version that does everything differently and no way to know what, why or how.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. Can you give me a suggestion for #2?

jbrey21@yahoo.com

Upvote 0
Can you give me a suggestion for #2?
Try to use some objects as margins. After that you have to spend some time to fix the Vertical SS storage.
You have to try several times until you fix the ideal SS position. Yes it is a bug, but you can hack it.

Upvote 0
Thanks - I will try working with that.

Would you have any interest in looking at another very bad bug I have for my JUNO-106 programmer (working perfect in v4-9)? If so, I would like to send it privately as it is a commercial release. If not, thanks anyway - you've been a great help.

jbrey21@yahoo.com

Upvote 0
Back