Logic Pro 8 Reverb

Yes, since Space Designer came out my Altiverb is just sitting there gathering dust.

However reverb is a very subjective issue, you may get many opinions about 3rd party plugins. It's well worth trying out some demos of the PSP plugins IMO.

Upvote 0
In my opinion Space Designer is, hands down, the best reverb plug in ever invented.

If your computer is compatible with Logic 9 you should really consider upgrading Logic instead of purchasing a third-party reverb plug in- even if Space Designer doesn't cut it for you (and I'm sure it will) you will have obtained so many other useful enhancements, you could always look for a third-party reverb later on...

Upvote 0
I used Waves reverbs for years while I was using Cubase, but since switching to Logic they no longer get used. Space Designer is amazing in my opinion. Cheers!

Upvote 0
Gotta chime in here, Since getting my 2C Audio "Aether," I hardly use Space Designer as my "go to" reverb anymore.
I have PSP's EasyVerb and it isn't bad for certain applications but the design of that reverb is, well, "simple." You can't really change the color of that verb too much.
Like anything, choice of reverbs is subjective but the Aether gives me such control of anything going thru it, that I find myself turning to it more & more.

Just be aware that this plug-in only works with Intel machines...

Check it out here:
http://emusician.com/signalprocessors/caudio-aether-quick-pick-1109/index.html

Upvote 0
BTW, there are some Lexicon IRs for Space Designer available right here on the LUG

Follow the link at the top of the page to downloads>settings.

Kindly supplied by member: Gio.

Upvote 0
I also find the Space Designer very useful as it is capable of many different reverb lengths and sounds. But, in relation to reverb being a very subjective thing, it can be very easy to get caught up in trying out loads of different presets or settings. Because of this i would recommend getting to know the Space Designer pretty well so that you know what reverb sounds it is capable of and don't waste time just 'messing around' until you find the sound you want.

Upvote 0
... i would recommend getting to know the Space Designer pretty well so that you know what reverb sounds it is capable of and don't waste time just 'messing around' until you find the sound you want.
I never managed to know the Space Designer well. It has no meaningful organization for me. That's why I use Altiverb. There I have named halls, studios, chambers, gear, all well organized with different characters/distances/mics in each group. Much easier for me. And I love the parameters of Altiverb, earlies and tail delay, frequency response of the room etc.

But this is definitely a personal matter. Both reverbs are extraordinary good, it's just that I depend on interfaces. Long lists are not for me, I need much time to finally choose the wrong sound after I heard so many.

Upvote 0
I never managed to know the Space Designer well. It has no meaningful organization for me.

I must admit that I don't find the interface that intuitive and also that the massive list of presets is possibly excessive but, in terms of sound quality and price, the Space Designer is still an excellent reverb. I far prefer it to the standard Pro-Tools reverb for instance, and it is a much cheaper alternative to Altiverb. Definitely just my opinion though, I totally agree that it is a personal thing.

But still a good point, well made. A more usable interface would definitely be an improvement.

Upvote 0
Back