Logic Pro X Sampler Not Finding Samples

snegdirb

Logician
Hi everyone
I'm stumped after hours of reading forums, youtube etc I can't seem to find the answer to these problems.

Firstly, since the move from EXS24 to Sampler, there are certain libraries that Sampler keeps telling me that there are missing files.
However, it isn't for every library.
All my samples are on an external drive and all the Instruments are in the folder Music > Audio Music Apps > Sampler Instruments.
When I click "Locate" Logic always defaults to Music > Logic and I can't seem to get it to look anywhere else.
Is there, perhaps, a cache file somewhere that needs to be deleted and rebuilt?

In Audio Preferences, the settings are default:
Sample Storage: Original
Search Samples On: All Volumes
Read Root Key From: File/Analysis
Root Key at File Name Position: Auto

I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance,
Danny B.

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
When I click "Locate" Logic always defaults to Music > Logic
Sorry for late response.

The Locate button is for you to manually looking around , hence it defaults to starting off in the Logic folder.
For Logic to actually sniff around your compute looking for those files yo need to click on Search button instead.

I believe it is just using spotlight, so it can be worth reindxing the external drives, by removing from spotlight then putting back

Upvote 0

snegdirb

Logician
Sorry for late response.

The Locate button is for you to manually looking around , hence it defaults to starting off in the Logic folder.
For Logic to actually sniff around your compute looking for those files yo need to click on Search button instead.

I believe it is just using spotlight, so it can be worth reindxing the external drives, by removing from spotlight then putting back
Thanks, Pete. I re-indexed spotlight and it fixed the problem. Thanks!

Upvote 0