Logic Pro (X) Score Editor question

Jay Denson

Logician
Can anyone tell me how to undo a tie in Score Editor. I mean I have a note which is played (and finely edited) to be a value of, say, 3 quarter notes - i.e. a dotted half note. In the score it's a bunch of eighth and sixteenth notes tied to make up the correct value. I've tried deleting the note in the midi editor and then drawing in a new one. No change.

I figure if I can untie the notes I can get what I want. Any ideas?

TIA Jay

Hi Atlas

Quantization doesn't help - anyway, I have been through the part in Midi Editor and all notes are very tight. Interpretaion needs to be on otherwise it goes completely strange. I need to be able to delete ties and rests. Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help so far.

Jay

Upvote 0
If toggling the interpretation checkbox doesn't help, what about toggling the Syncopation checkbox in the score inspector?

Upvote 0
Try double clicking on the individual notes in the Score editor to experiment with the Force, defeat, or default settings for attributes and syncopation that are available in the Note Attributes window. I think it's just a matter of getting the right combination.

And you can control rests to a certain degree from the Rests tab of the part box.

Attachments

• Note Attributes.png
    Note Attributes.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 235
  • Rests.png
    Rests.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
If the OP's original example is in fact how things are (a dotted half note expressed by multiple sub-values), it may be caused by other notes or user rests affecting the visual. MIght look at what else is happening then.

Upvote 0
Hi Atlas

Quantization doesn't help - anyway, I have been through the part in Midi Editor and all notes are very tight. Interpretaion needs to be on otherwise it goes completely strange. I need to be able to delete ties and rests. Any more ideas?

Thanks for your help so far.

Jay
Make sure that your region start on the bar/downbeat.
Length of notes could have an influence as well...

Upvote 0
Back