Logic Pro X Score - Logic changes note values on input

TacHead

Hi,

I am going slightly around the twist with Logic Pro Score. I am inputting notes into the score editor, and the note values are changed automatically, so i may insert dotted crotchet followed by tied quavers, if I then try to add a crotchet next logic will start creating beamed notes, if i undo the beam, it converts to tied quavers, it is really frustrating and I don't want to have to pay extra for sibelius just to write the score into and convert to midi.

Thanks

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
I use Logic score a lot (and in preference to Sibelius). Several of us here do so I'm sure we can help. I think this is just a case of getting familiar with the process.

But to help, some screenshots of the actual notation you are attempting and information about which score quantise settings would be useful

TacHead

Cheers Pete, aye I had searched the forum for Score and found quite a few answers from yourself in relation, but none which fitted my specific issue.
Its the automated "fixing of notes" I want to turn off, it's like autocorrect, you typed this but i know you really mean this.

Anyway, i appear to have sorted my way around it via the creation of ties and use of forced syncopation.

Thanks anyway for responding.

Attachments

TacHead

I'm not playing to, i'm manually inputting the notes, I've now got my head around it though.
Ties and syncopation and editing note length have me where i want to be.

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Handy shortcut for note lengths when you don't want any rests (ie that are all full value) is to select them and use force legato.