Logic Pro 9 Score project

jabo

Logician
Hey Guys -
I know that some software out there can read/play scanned music once it's properly input. Can Logic do this somehow?
Thanks.
Jabo

Hey Guys -
I know that some software out there can read/play scanned music once it's properly input. Can Logic do this somehow?

Yes, once the scanning software has converted it to MIDI.

It's likely that some human editing will be required.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys -
Thanks.
Jabo
Hi Jabo, I am using SmartScoreX for MIDI playback and it works well with a rather confusing help forum. I suggest you try out the Demo and the Demo for "Photo Score"-not sure I remember that second name correctly. and,as Pete said, it's MIDI not audio,
Best of luck with it, David51

Upvote 0
Thanks

Hey David -
Thanks. How do you like the photoscorex? I actually just purchased it for my project, but find it to be confusing and not that user friendly. Anyway, so we're saying once I can get the scans turned into a midi file, Logic can use it right?
Jabo

Upvote 0
Hey Jabo, funny thing, after struggling with the help desk and software for a few months I regretted having chose SmartScoreX and wished I had bought Photoscorex, maybe both are deficient? I fear you will find that Logic will only accept a one track/region mid. file at a time, but I have successfully done it several times so it does eventually work when you import each track as a mid. file. Don't be fooled by Apples use of the term XML-they stole it and use it for something else.

Upvote 0
Back