• Welcome to Logic Users Group V2.0.4

We have a few new features and changes See here

Logic Pro X Score repetitions

Hi,

I'd like to use the score bar signs (as repetition) not only for graphic but also for performance.
But, if I insert a sign of repetition in score, the midi track doesn't repeat the section. So i have to repeat a second time the same notes.
If I insert a meta event Go to marker the playhead go to marker but then loop infinitely.

Who can help me to solve the problem?

Long time ago in "Notator" there was a "repeator" and you could do exactly what you'd like to do. There were two special environment layers that came on a "disc" in the book "The Logic Notation" Guide" by Johannes Prischl. I have the book, but don't remember ever having the disc. I wonder if those environement layers could be recreated for Logic X by an Environment wizard.

I always create 2 versions if I'm going to be printing the score...one with the repeats so I can hear what those repeats sounds like, and one without.

In brief: I created a dull instrument track linked to an instrument object in Environment. At the end of the a capo block (for example: 3 4 4 240) I inserted a note (C3). The first time the transformer, transforms the note in Meta Event 51 Go To Marker, the second time (with mode selects in Alternate Split) don't so it. A problem could be if the transformer captures the noteoff. In this case is sufficient adds another transformer with selective mode that doesn't pass through and replicate di meta events.

I apologize, but as I do not understand the firmness with which you want to discourage to look for solutions, I gladly do without taking part again in this post.
I am passionate and have passed for over sixty years. I do not deal with these topics for professional or commercial reasons. Anyone who wants to exchange opinions with me and, if I can, receive advice, you can contact me in private

I apologize, but as I do not understand the firmness with which you want to discourage to look for solutions, I gladly do without taking part again in this post.
I am passionate and have passed for over sixty years. I do not deal with these topics for professional or commercial reasons. Anyone who wants to exchange opinions with me and, if I can, receive advice, you can contact me in private
Understood. I am a professional and most of my friends are so I sometimes forget that forums like these are not solely populated by people whose workflow is critical.