Logic Pro (X) Score repetitions

Angelos58

Logician
Hi,

I'd like to use the score bar signs (as repetition) not only for graphic but also for performance.
But, if I insert a sign of repetition in score, the midi track doesn't repeat the section. So i have to repeat a second time the same notes.
If I insert a meta event Go to marker the playhead go to marker but then loop infinitely.

Who can help me to solve the problem?

Long time ago in "Notator" there was a "repeator" and you could do exactly what you'd like to do. There were two special environment layers that came on a "disc" in the book "The Logic Notation" Guide" by Johannes Prischl. I have the book, but don't remember ever having the disc. I wonder if those environement layers could be recreated for Logic X by an Environment wizard.

I always create 2 versions if I'm going to be printing the score...one with the repeats so I can hear what those repeats sounds like, and one without.

Upvote 0
 GifAnimataACapo.gif

Upvote 0
In brief: I created a dull instrument track linked to an instrument object in Environment. At the end of the a capo block (for example: 3 4 4 240) I inserted a note (C3). The first time the transformer, transforms the note in Meta Event 51 Go To Marker, the second time (with mode selects in Alternate Split) don't so it. A problem could be if the transformer captures the noteoff. In this case is sufficient adds another transformer with selective mode that doesn't pass through and replicate di meta events.

Upvote 0
I apologize, but as I do not understand the firmness with which you want to discourage to look for solutions, I gladly do without taking part again in this post.
I am passionate and have passed for over sixty years. I do not deal with these topics for professional or commercial reasons. Anyone who wants to exchange opinions with me and, if I can, receive advice, you can contact me in private

Upvote 0
I apologize, but as I do not understand the firmness with which you want to discourage to look for solutions, I gladly do without taking part again in this post.
I am passionate and have passed for over sixty years. I do not deal with these topics for professional or commercial reasons. Anyone who wants to exchange opinions with me and, if I can, receive advice, you can contact me in private

Understood. I am a professional and most of my friends are so I sometimes forget that forums like these are not solely populated by people whose workflow is critical.

Upvote 0
In brief: I created a dull instrument track linked to an instrument object in Environment. At the end of the a capo block (for example: 3 4 4 240) I inserted a note (C3). The first time the transformer, transforms the note in Meta Event 51 Go To Marker, the second time (with mode selects in Alternate Split) don't so it. A problem could be if the transformer captures the noteoff. In this case is sufficient adds another transformer with selective mode that doesn't pass through and replicate di meta events.
Hi angelos58, here is Wagner, from Brazil.
I’m completely new to the universe of environment on logic pro.
I tried to reproduce ehat you did, but I’m surely missing some point
Could you help me?
My first question is, how do I assign an instrument to a specific environment?
As I said, I recreated the environment as you showed.
when I press C3 I can see the activity on the first monitor, but not on the others

Upvote 0
First of all, thank you very much for sharing your knoledge with us. I’ve trying to do this for a long time and your post was the one most usefull I’ve found.
Well, now it is working, but is capturing note off.
I tried to add one more condition to the second transformer , filtering notes with velocity unequal to zero, so that it captures only note on C3, but it did not work
Then I checked the little box called filter duplicated events and it worked!
Now what I’d like to do is to define two conditions:
A) put a not (C3, for instance) on measure 5. Then transform it to meta event 51 and send it back to measure 1
B) on the second time, I’d like it to go to measure 4 and then jump to measure 10
To do that I created a marker from measures 1 to 4, one for 5, another from6 to 9 and finally, one from 10 foward.
I thougth about adding a note (c4?) on measure 4, but it has to be read only on the second time by the transformer.
Is it possible?
Thanks

Upvote 0
First of all, thank you very much for sharing your knoledge with us. I’ve trying to do this for a long time and your post was the one most usefull I’ve found.
Well, now it is working, but is capturing note off.
I tried to add one more condition to the second transformer , filtering notes with velocity unequal to zero, so that it captures only note on C3, but it did not work
Then I checked the little box called filter duplicated events and it worked!
Now what I’d like to do is to define two conditions:
A) put a not (C3, for instance) on measure 5. Then transform it to meta event 51 and send it back to measure 1
B) on the second time, I’d like it to go to measure 4 and then jump to measure 10
To do that I created a marker from measures 1 to 4, one for 5, another from6 to 9 and finally, one from 10 foward.
I thougth about adding a note (c4?) on measure 4, but it has to be read only on the second time by the transformer.
Is it possible?
Thanks

Hi Wagner, I have been trying to reproduce what you all did, but haven't been able to make it work. Could you help me? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back