"Scoring WIth Logic Pro"

As the acquiring editor for this book, let me add:

This is a project that Jay and I are quite proud of. There really isn't a current book offering practical, tutorial-style information out there on the Logic score editor (my own book covers its functions in a very "manual-like" fashion). I highly recommend that everyone who uses the score editor pick it up, you're bound to get something out of it!

And as above, yes I worked on it so I have a "dog in this hunt" as we say. However, being involved doesn't mean I'm not also being honest in my assessment of the value of this book! :thmbup:

Thanks,
Orren

Logic Notation Guide

How much of the material in Logic Notation Guide is covered in Jay's newer book?

I heard so much about Johannes' book but his web site promotes its Logic 4 content... The only way to purchase it is by sending a letter with credit card number to his Austrian address. With all due respect to his work, he needs to update his publishing methods as well as his book, it seems. Mark Sealey's review ( below) says it is not completely updated for Logic 9 "but 99% relevant".

Can someone give an honest assessment of Scoring with Logic Pro to help me decide?

http://www.mymac.com/2011/03/logic-notation-guide/

Well as the author, I am prejudiced but since for a couple of days no one has responded, I will say something.

Most of what he covered is in my book, with updated terminology and methods.

The focus is a little different. Johannes' book was focused on doing publishable scores, since there were not a lot of easy to use dedicated score apps around,like Sibelius. Finale was in existence, but it was a giant pita to use back then.

My book is not focused on publishable engraved scores, since people wanting to do that probably will use Finale or Sibelius. My book is focused on creating parts for recording sessions for film/TV, record dates, and live performances, which is what I have been called on to do throughout my career since I scored the TV series "Zorro" with Atari Notator and did the orchestra's parts with it.

Great. Once I finish the Apple Pro Training books by Nahmani, and the advanced book by Dvorin and Brock, I'll pick up your book. They have a score sections in their books, nothing that compares to your book, I'm certain of it.

Thanks for your reply.

Download of Logic Project M27

Hi Jay,

I just ordered a paperback version of your book and downloaded the M27 from the link you provided in this thread.

Isn't it supposed to be a .logic-file? It won't open. It actually downloads without having any file format declared. Am I missing something?

Thanks so far in advance,
Michael

Hi Jay,

I just ordered a paperback version of your book and downloaded the M27 from the link you provided in this thread.

Isn't it supposed to be a .logic-file? It won't open. It actually downloads without having any file format declared. Am I missing something?

Thanks so far in advance,
Michael

I just tried the link and it downloaded a zip file, When I unzip it, there is a folder and inside is a .logic file.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 9.52.06 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 9.52.06 PM.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 228
Back