Logic Pro 8 Screen Sets

jayfolland

Logician
Hi

When i'm at a zoom setting i like i screen lock (Shift+L) that window, More often than not the screen set will capture that window setting and no matter where i am on the Arrange window, when i dial that screen set up the screen set will go to where ever the play head is,
But 49.99% of the time, when i dial up a screen set i've saved it will go to that exact spot where i was when i saved that set. (its a bit like time warp, without the Happy pants), which is a pain in the B hind when im zoomed in to samples.:brkwl:

Is there something i don't know, because i can't find anything in the manual regarding this particular matter.

I was also after some suggestions on when my screen is out of view from the play head or selection, is there a command to get back there, i've edited all my key commands relevant with navigating, but can't find this one.
The equivalent in pro tools is left and right arrows.

Thanks

Hi Jay,

That definitely sounds like buggy behavior; and I have no explanation to offer as to why it happens. But there is a single key command that will solve it when it happens.

When you switch to the screen set and the current location of your play head is not in view, try using the key command for "catch clock position". I'm not in front of Logic at the moment, but I think the wording of the name changed in recent versions. It might be called simply catch clock; or something similar.

Anyway the default key command in the US with extend keyboard layout is the tilde key. ( ` ).

It won't solve the problem, but is a relatively painless work around - if it works for you.

HTH....

Upvote 0
Yes it does work for me, Cheers.

Also i was wondering how i get the key commands "Wave form Vertical zoom X1"
"Wave form Vertical zoom X2" through to X8, I cant remember if they have a default key command or If I've set them, Regardless, how do they work I've tried setting different commands for them but they don't work.
Do they work for you Eli, or anyone for that matter, if so how do they work?

Upvote 0
Yes it does work for me, Cheers.

Also i was wondering how i get the key commands "Wave form Vertical zoom X1"
"Wave form Vertical zoom X2" through to X8, I cant remember if they have a default key command or If I've set them, Regardless, how do they work I've tried setting different commands for them but they don't work.
Do they work for you Eli, or anyone for that matter, if so how do they work?

Hi Jay,

Yes, they are definitely assignable. I just tried assigning one and it worked fine for me. You have to make sure you are zoomed in enough to see the results. But basically, it just zooms the display height of the waveform. It makes it _look_ like it's louder; but it's visual only.

Here's a screen shot of the key commands. They're not assigned by defaul in the US with extended keyboard set:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
Back