Logic Pro 9 Seperate Host For AU/VST Instruments

scottmach

Logician
Hello

I am running logic 9 in 32 bit mode because I use rewire and various other VI's that dont play nice with 64 bit. So on my machine logic is limited to 4 gb of ram. I am looking for a separate program that can host VI's and can address the rest of my ram separate from logic. I can then route the audio from this program back into logic in manner similar to rewire.

Originally I was planning on using Reaper to accomplish this, running it as a rewire slave, but I have read that Reaper can not be a rewire slave in OS X. Does anyone know if this has been changed? One other option I heard of running Renoise as a rewire slave and have it host the VI's.

I heard about VE pro but i dont understand how it routes audio back into logic if it doesnt use rewire. I only have 1 computer so installing something on a separate machine and using a network cable to hook them up is not an option.

Thanks

You can use VE Pro on the same computer without ReWire, cabling or routing to an interface simply by connecting to its servers with a plug-in in Logic.

I cover this in my book, "Going Pro With Logic Pro 9."

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused though.

Would ve pro be launched as standalone or as an AU pluggin. What i want to accomplish is as follows.

-Open VE pro and load up an instance of Omnishphere on a track within it.
-Sequence midi in Logic which will trigger Omnisphere in VE Pro
-Have the audio output of the Omnisphere track within VE PRO routed to an Aux track within logic.

So basically ve pro is a seperate application and the ve pro pluggin in logic is just there to facilitate the routing of audio and midi?

Upvote 0
Plogue Biddule is rewire, and VEPro is not.

I run VEPro for a number of clients. it's good, but you do have to invest a bit of time "getting" it. the manual is good but confusing (possible due to it being a european co and translation). On the other hand, it does EXACTLY what you want...

Jay, I have been looking for your book here in LA and simply can't locate it at the 5 or 6 stores I have been to (B and N, Borders for instance). thought you would want to know that one ;-).

Upvote 0
Plogue Biddule is rewire, and VEPro is not.

I run VEPro for a number of clients. it's good, but you do have to invest a bit of time "getting" it. the manual is good but confusing (possible due to it being a european co and translation). On the other hand, it does EXACTLY what you want...

Jay, I have been looking for your book here in LA and simply can't locate it at the 5 or 6 stores I have been to (B and N, Borders for instance). thought you would want to know that one ;-).

Amazon is the best way.
http://www.amazon.com/Going-Pro-Log...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1299770970&sr=8-1

Upvote 0
Back