Logic Studio apps Setting Playback status

Fantomplayer

Logician
I'm setting up backing tracks in Mainstage 2.2.2. I have fields to shor the current and next marker. When I select the audio file, the "status" menu is not showing. This in on a new MacBook Pro.

I have an older iMac that does not have this issue running the same version of Mainstage. The concert file was created on the older iMac and copied onto the MacBook, but I get the same problem when creating a new concert on the MacBook.:brkwl:

In Mainstage. I select the field in the workspace that I have to display the current marker, then in the screen control inspector, under the "Unmapped" section, select the audio file, then "Playback", then there should be a folder called "Status". That folder is missing.

OK, thanks for the explanation.

I just created a concert with the MS template Keyboard & One Backing Track. Imported a track with markers and it works fine. That really doesn't help you, I realize.....

I'm still a bit confused by your terminology. When you say "audio file" do you mean the playback plug-in icon that has an audio file and the word Playback next to it? To be clear, that represents the Playback plug-in, thus my confusion thinking your were selecting an audio file somewhere.

There should be a list of folders at the Playback mapping level. I see six here, plus two other items. See attached screen shot.

Grasping at straws, perhaps you're working with your own template, and it has corruption? Maybe try it with the MS template, only takes a minute.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 10.11.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 10.11.49 AM.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 174
Looking at your screen shot, that's exactly what I'm trying to do. And have done with this computer over the weekend. But, for some reason the "Status" is no longer showing. All the others are still there, just not this one. I was hoping maybe there was some setting that I may have hit that would show or hide these. I'm new to Mainstage, and haven't used a mac in about 20 years. Bought the MacBook just for this reason.

I have tried with one of the backing track templates and have the same issue. I also copied the concert file to my iMac, and it does show all the mapping levels, so it's definitely somewhere between Mainstage and my MacBook.

Also tried removing Mainstage and re-downloading. That didn't work either. Provided I actually got it all removed in the first place. Not sure of that. It seemed to re-install too fast to have been completely removed.

I'm not quite clear what your issue is. Do your computers have different operating systems?

It may be possible it's a problem with the audio file that is in the Playback plug-in. Have you tried removing it and bringing in another?

It also may be a problem with the screen control you're using. Can you delete that and create another?

It's can't be the screen control, as I get the same problem using the templates without adding anything. I've used several different audio files and get the same problem. The MacBook is brand new. Just purchased last week. If anything, it has a newer operating system than the iMac that has no issues.

OK. Eliminating some things here.

Regarding OS, I'm on Lion (10.7), the latest is Mountain Lion (10.8). Perhaps it's an issue related to 10.8 (doubt it, but just wondering). Also could be a CPU issue, again just guessing.

So you're saying you can load a factory template in MS with a Playback plug-in, bring in any audio file into the plug-in, and do the navigation we've discussed and you won't get that folder?

And you can take that same concert and move it to your other computer, and the folder is present?

You might try re-installing MS again. The time difference may be because not all media was deleted the first time (which I wouldn't think would cause a problem).

You also might consider contacting Apple or an Apple store, I'd think you're under a warranty at this time and they should be offering free advice.

Back