Logic Pro 9 setting up busses for reverb?

Edgold

Logician
I've been advised that instead of using a reverb setting for each track, that it's better to set it up in a send and receive auxilliary buss for greater CPU effficency.

But how do I do this?

Edgold

Logician
The reason it got dragged out so long was that I was unable to record the reverb to a track though it worked well enough when bouncing to a file. Now I understand better how to do this, I would like to write this up on my web page since I can't find a YouTube tutorial that is clear enough so I'm trying to get this clear in my own head.

I should clear up my final confusion by experimentation of my own. Thanks all especially Atlas and Pete.

Ed Gold

Upvote 0

logicblog

Logician
Sorry, Space designer it is.

Yes, I've always been intimidated by that window, feeling that I don't have the background to understand most things in it. But will try to learn about it as well as I can.

Thanks.

Edgold,

I'd like to add here (never mind, just noted the other pages of this thread...excuse me!): if you put a reverb plugin on an aux bus, you'll want to make sure the effect is 100% wet. So in Space Designer you'll want to set the DRY slider (top right) to 0, and the REV slider preferably to Max.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Edgold

Logician
As a matter of fact, since I've now been successful in recording the reverb on the first movement, I decided to leave it alone.

But I did set up the second movement beginning with all the Space Designer auxes set to maximum reverb, I've tried test recordings with the fragment I have and, no reverb at all in that recording though quite prominent when just played in the file.

Outside of that, the mixers pretty much looks identical as far as I can see.

Upvote 0