Logic Pro X Single Stave Polyphony

It’s ages since I tried to creat polyphonic lines within a single stave using the “score separation tool”.
In fact it was in a previous version of Logic.
How do I create a polyphonic single stave?
Either I’m losing it or the process has changed slightly!!
(Probably the former)

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
(Mr Pedantic hat on: it is staff not stave)

It looks like there is no default single staff poly style, I would choose Piano 1+2/3+4 and duplicate it, rename Piano 1+2 and delete the bass clef.
Separtion tool seems to still work as it used to.

It looks like there is no default single staff poly style, I would choose Piano 1+2/3+4 and duplicate it, rename Piano 1+2 and delete the bass clef.
Dear Mr Pedantic,
As one to another and a teacher of exam level music theory- I’m disappointed to tell you that in Good Old Blighty both are acceptable

Thanks Pete- will try!

Pete,
I’ve been trying to edit a score that I produced PRE X. It is obvious that I WAS able to separate 3 polyphonic lines on a single staff/stave () in order to achieve correct note values in 3 part harmony. I can’t now! There must surely, mustn’t there, be a way of creating what I want. I’m just not clever enough to work out what to do. Any ideas?

Jay Asher

Logician
Check out my “Scoring With Logic Pro” book, the process is largely unchanged. Then there is my Kindle follow up “Using Logic Pro X’s Updated Score Editor” .

If you are more of a video learner, both MacProVideo and Groove 3 have excellent video tutorials by Peter Schwartz and Doug Zangar respectively.

Check out my “Scoring With Logic Pro” book, the process is largely unchanged. Then there is my Kindle follow up “Using Logic Pro X’s Updated Score Editor” .

If you are more of a video learner, both MacProVideo and Groove 3 have excellent video tutorials by Peter Schwartz and Doug Zangar respectively.
Thanks Jay.