Somebody help me. Apple doesn't seem to care since Jobs passed on.

jrmag

Can anyone point me in a direction which might actually cause Apple to follow through on my problem? I was running Logic 9 Studio quite happily on my iMac @ OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) when I had a crash. I got everything back but had to re-load my Logic 9 from scratch. OK, no problem. All 10 discs loaded, mounted, serial # entered, accepted ... but wait AFTER I've entered the serial number for Logic 9 I need to enter the serial number from my original purchase (in this case Logic 6) or insert the Apple Key (dongle) from version 7.

The 'logic' behind all this (pun intended) is self apparent - Apple can only maintain control of their "upgrades" prices @ $199 by ensuring that each Logic owner can prove the validity of their purchase (upgrade) in some way. They have chosen to opt for the "show me your dongle" approach.

Since I jumped into the Apple Logic show at v.6 I paid $600 for the first version after Apple bought the German company eMagic in 2002 just to get Logic and they were off to the races. After all was loaded, mounted and the serial number which came with Logic 9 were accepted of course I couldn't find either my Apple Key or serial number for v.7. Even though I produced the original emails from Apple with the receipt number, the Purchase Order and a second email with the shipping notice, the Fed Ex Tracking #, etc., that wasn't good enough.

Does anybody have any ideas that don't involve using "cracked" versions of the programme? I'd be eternally grateful.

Cheer,

Ron Magness
London

Yep, pirated, pirated and pirated.

you'll find perfect versions on piratebay. Heck I'll even dropbox you in.

Has zero to do with Jobs. What a hero though, it's awesome now we have a planet filled with smart phones turning people in Cucumbas and Potatoes.

It's easy for them to steel from you by the looks of things

Perfectly fine to rape and pillage, promote legal slavery like it's normal but when it comes to a crack from the biggest most greediest company on earth it's a negative response and moral issues arise.

Excuse the rant, I enjoyed it.

Just another "conspiracy I guess". Oh look another facebook post.

Just a friendly reminder - any discussions about piracy, especially indicating or offering sources of pirated products, are prohibited on the LUG and may result in sanctions. We haven't had any such problems for many years now, it would be nice if we don't have to wield the big stick again.

Thanks and regards

Mark

Try entering the two serial numbers in opposite order. IIRC, it appeared that you were being asked for them in one order but they had to be entered in the opposite order to actually work.

Or, just delete all of it and get version 10 from the App Store and forget about serial numbers. It's so much better than V8/9.

Back