Something driving and heavy...

Orren Merton

Logic Samurai / Administrator
Staff member
This is the latest video from my own music project, Ember After (link to website/CD in sig). Most of what we do is more industrial-metal than this, this is the more "rock-oriented" track (and also one of the few that's three minutes long!) so it lent itself to a promotional video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The song was recorded and mixed entirely in Logic, although in different locations (drums in Seattle, WA; bass in Israel, guitars, keys, vocals in Orange County, CA). It was mastered in WaveBurner Pro. The video was edited in Final Cut Pro.

Enjoy!

Orren

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds/looks really good! Props on production. thanks for sharing! Did you guys toggle your logic project files via online?

I liked that. Question though. I didn't know you could mix in WaveBurner. How?

I'm would imagine Orren meant to write "mastered". Waveburner can apply mastering effects but this could be just as easily done in Logic either whilst mixing or by reimporting the mix file.

Tony

Sounds/looks really good! Props on production. thanks for sharing! Did you guys toggle your logic project files via online?

Thanks! And yes, I would post the Logic song via FTP online, they would download it, and then send me back audio files which I'd load into my "master project." Then I sent the whole, finished song after arranging and editing with a rough mix to our drummer, who is a professional engineer/mixer/producer in Seattle, and he did the final mix.

Orren

Sweet! Mind me asking what you used to shoot it (or who you hired)?

The director, Kenn Michael, lives here in Southern California. He'd be the one to ask for sure-I think he used a high end Sony or some other brand HD camera but I could be wrong. I know now he uses the Red camera. I believe that Kenn Michael is signed up on this forum, so you can Private Message him.

Hope that helps!
Orren

Orren, great stuff. I'm an industrial artist myself. I'll post some stuff in the near future.

The FCP editing is great (color castes and the contrast between them)! I'm diggin' the lyrics too. Well done, top to bottom.

My god! You sound and look pretty, pretty wicked indeed! Good stuff.

Thanks! :)

Orren, great stuff. I'm an industrial artist myself. I'll post some stuff in the near future.

Thanks for the compliment, and I'll be watching for it! I love to find new industrial talent out there! :thmbup:

The FCP editing is great (color castes and the contrast between them)! I'm diggin' the lyrics too. Well done, top to bottom.

I'll pass the FCP comments onto the director, who did all that good stuff. And I'm glad you liked the lyrics, I put a lot of time in them! You'd think I'm a writer or something. ;)

Orren

Back