Logic Pro (X) Step Editor Playhead Glitch and start-up issues.

Zachchapel

Hi to all. Long time viewer when it comes to this forum. Never had the need to post because, well...Logic used to work bug free for years with me.

Well, that has changed.

I ran a 2011 iMac for 9 years with OS 10.8 and logic 9. It was great. Never had any problems. The only reason upgraded to a new comp was due to my hardware being outdated and not being able to upgrade my old iMac past a certain OS. I also heard putting some of those more recent OS's on those older iMac's was an absolute sh*t show.

I'm sure you've all read and heard this same story.

Anyways. Currently running a 2019 Mac Mini with a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i7, OS 10.14.6, and Logic X 10.4.8 and this is hands down, the glitchiest version of logic I've used in a hot minute...BUT, a lot of the stuff I can put aside and work around. Such is life. However...

Within the past week, my computer has started giving me messages every time I turn it on or wake it up saying "Your computer restarted because of a problem," which is an odd message to get right when you power on the computer. Looked it up and it could be a number of problems...figures. After that, I noticed a glitch with my playhead in my step editor that is making it impossible to edit and work. When click on the ruler bar, it jumps backwards a WHOLE lot and happens every time. You can also see when I go to draw a note, the info box that pops up is showing up at the far right edge of the screen when it should be right where my pencil is. I fixed it once by deleting the screen set and using another one. Now, that's not working as a fix. Below is a link to a video of what's happening.

On top of that, every few days when I go to open logic it will start to open, load the plug ins, crash, and say "Logic crashed due to xxx plugin"

First, it was a bx plugin, now its a waves shell. This never used to happen and just started recently. The only solution I've found is to rescan all my plugins every time this happens. I need to fix these problems. I've avoided updating to the latest OS which I believe is 10.15.4. Is it more stable for everyone with Logic X or should I still wait? I've also got crash reports if needed. Any help, input, advice, is welcome and thank you in advance!!!

Back