Logic Pro X StreamYard and Logic

HKC

Logician
Hi there
Has anybody in here ever used StreamYard (a streaming software) and Logic.
I would like to go through Logic to the streaming software. I have chosen the sound card (Raydat) as input and output but there is no sound. The only source I can get to work is the built in mic of the camera and I aim a little higher than that :)
It makes no sense that I can chose the input if it cannot work.

All the best
Henrik

Loudnoize

I own a different interface but the issue is identical. Does anyone know how to assign LPX, the interface, to Streamyard's In's and Out's? Thx!

Upvote 0

Peter Ostry

Administrator
Staff member
You may check
System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> Privacy
In the left list click on "Microphone" and look in the right list if the streaming software is activated, which actually means that it is allowed to use audio inputs.

Upvote 0

HKC

Logician
I worked it out a while back. You need a separate driver for this to work, an aggregate device driver. I used one called Blackhole which worked fine.
The actual install is bit complicated but there is info about that included in the download.

Upvote 0

Loudnoize

Hey HKC, thanks for chiming in. Being the thread starter, I'm glad you got it all going. Would it be possible if you could include the ins & outs of all 4 (Logic Pro, Interface, BlackHole, StreamYard)? Not only would it help me but I'm sure a good group of people. Thanks!

Upvote 0

HKC

Logician
Hmm I don't know if I understand the question.
Basically all you need is to install the Blackhole driver and then set it up in the Audio Midi Setup utility in Utilities (found in the dropdown menu Go).
After doing that you choose the aggregate device in Logic instead of your normal audio driver. Route whatever you need to go into ie Streamyard to the Blackhole output and when setting up Streamyard choose Blackhole.

Upvote 0

Loudnoize

Thanks for the info, HKC. I have it routed in Audio Midi Setup using Multi-Output Device. That seemed to have worked out well. Cheers!

Reactions: HKC
Upvote 0