Logic Pro 9 Suddenly losing Logic 9

AndyT

Logician
After years of reliably using Logic 9 with El Capitan it suddenly refuses to load - (Logic Pro cannot be opened because of a problem..) This is the day after I plugged my new iPhone SE2 into my mac. Any link do you think??? In a real mess not being able to access all my music

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
Just had a thgought, do you have time machine or cloud backups you can restore from, iew go back to a time when it was working.

Otherwise this may be a good time to upgrade to Logic X.

AndyT

Logician
HI Pete, used time machine to go back a week but to no avail. In the last hour I got it working by deselecting the 32 bit check box and it then loaded. I thought that Logic 9 only worked on 32 bit - but why this was changed at some point I know not. Many thanks. Re. Logic 10 - is it true that all work done on 9 would cease to work using Logic 10? That would be a major problem for me.

fuzzfilth

Logician
If you're doing lots of advanced Environment stuff, then prepare for quite a bit of re-creating your patches as the transition from 9 to X was anything but seamless in that area.

Everything else went smooth.

AndyT

Logician
If you're doing lots of advanced Environment stuff, then prepare for quite a bit of re-creating your patches as the transition from 9 to X was anything but seamless in that area.

Everything else went smooth.
Thanks Christian, very little environment stuff - mainly just like to move forward with quite a few incomplete pieces of work on Logic 9.1.8. Can they just load straight up - into Logic 10 when it's been put onto the system. If YES - may move on soon as 9 is now not reliable for some reason. Cheers for the advice. - Andy

doofus

Logician
if you have aftermarket plugins in 9, just realize they may not work in Logic X.

there are also issues with beat mapping in 9 vs. X..it's a bit unpredictable, but often something that's been beatmapped in 9 will not display the beatmap information and/or track correctly/or at all in Logic X. There's a workaround but I'm too far into a bottle of wine to get into it now...