Logic Pro 8 Surround Audio burn

grooveiron

Logician
I'm trying to burn a (quadrophonic) surround track to DVD and am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to do this. Logic is capable of burning a DVD-Audio disc, which would be perfect if only my Macs or DVD player could read that format... [er, what does Apple think we would do with DVD-A's?]

Has anyone any advice about software/hardware to use for this - I thought it would take an hour, but I'm on day 3 looking at an increasing pile of coasters.

Is a movie file the only option - I don't want to see anything...

:brkwl:

This is not helpful.

I can make discrete files on a surround bounce in Logic (I use 8.02)
I can transcode these into AC3 files with Compressor.

What do I do with either of these things to get them burned onto a DVD?

I can't believe that this is so mysterious...

Upvote 0
DVD Studio Pro can burn surround DVDs (it's just a "movie" DVD without any video).

It's unfortunately such a microscopic market that there's barely any call for music-only surround titles.

In fact, the general music market for high quality (surround or stereo) has devolved from its peak in the 1970's.

Upvote 0
I suppose I will have to make a black screen movie I can lay back the audio on using Logic, and then burn with iDVD. I don't have DVD Studio Pro, and don't want to shell out for it at this point.
Thanks, zerobeat.

Upvote 0
Make up a nice series of images that visually reflect your Music (a few minutes to maybe a few years work) and watch that while you listen.

Rz

Upvote 0
I suppose I will have to make a black screen movie I can lay back the audio on using Logic, and then burn with iDVD. I don't have DVD Studio Pro, and don't want to shell out for it at this point.
Thanks, zerobeat.

Sadly you can't even get DVD Studio Pro on its own anymore - you are forced to buy the entire Final Cut package. It's a heavy price to pay just to burn a surround disc!! :eeek:

Upvote 0
Back