Logic Pro 9 System Overload. The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time

abbyball

Logician
I am running Logic Express 9 and BFD2 and Recording to a separate hard drive and I keep getting the old

System Overload.
The audio engine was not able to process all required data in time.
(-10011)
If I got more Ram would that help? I MAXED out the buffer size in my logic Audio preferences just to see if that would help and it did not. Any Suggestions? Here are my specs:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W8945GR466E
Hardware UUID: E1038B71-29A6-56E0-A68F-2D5232DE6CCF

Well, BFD takes allot of power and ram to run. I'd suggest that if you are going to use it, that you try the eco kits, or the smallest ones you can.

You can also try running Logic in 64 bit mode (go to your application folder, select Logic (don't double click to launch it, just single click to select it) and then press command and i to get info, then uncheck the 32 bit mode).

Also, be careful for other CPU hungry plugins, try freezing tracks as soon as you have your track arranged to release CPU for other things.

Upvote 0
Great thanks! What about RAM? I only have 4 and I was going to upgrade to 8, is RAM a factor in "System Overload." My buddy says upgrade RAM and the problem will be SOLVED!

Upvote 0
More ram is always better, especially with a ram hungry plugin like BFD or Ivory for example. Plus ram is cheap these days, so I'd get as much as your machine can take.

Upvote 0
Back