Logic Pro 9 Tear Off Windows

Eli

Logician
Just stumbled onto an interesting new little feature. I'm not sure how really useful this is; but it certainly is cool :)

If you click hold and drag the editor buttons at the bottom of the Arrange Window up, they will "tear off" and open the editor in a separate window.

What's not well implemented about this cool little idea is that it opens up the pop up window as well - so you get two versions of the same window. One regular pop up; and one separated one that is the same size as the pop up by default. Which isn't particularly useful. It would be better, IMHO, if it didn't open up the pop up at the same time.

Works on my laptop just fine. Also (even cooler? :cool:) the list/media /notes tabs do the same thing. STP has that feature (for tabs), without the original tab remaining in place, as per Eli's suggestion. Perhaps in 9.0.1..... However, you can then close the list/media/notes and reposition the float elsewhere for a better work area.

I could use the tab window to work on synch timings when scoring to video. I've had to create a new arrange window to get an extra tempo or signature list.

Edit: It works like Eli states EXCEPT the sample editor.....

Upvote 0
And you're right - here's what a second review shows me:

The Media tabs - only the Bin pulls off.

The List tabs - all pull off.

The Notes tabs - nothing pulls off.

Guess I played around only with List tabs and assumed that it would work with everything. Thanks for the correction.

Upvote 0
Back