Teaser of things to come?

Atlas

Logician
More interesting but currently unusable bits of information:
- Once the ID column is created in the Event List by invoking the key command, it can be shown or hidden via the Event List View local menu.
... only if at least one of the notes has an Articulation ID different from zero.
In other words, if all the Articulation ID are set to "0", unticking the Articulation ID in the Event>View menu makes that Articulation ID no longer available/visible in that View menu. To have it back in the Event>View menu, one has to invoke its key command. Additionally, even though the Articulation ID is visible in the Event>View menu, if all notes Articulation ID are set to "0", the Articulation ID options will no longer appear in the other editors View>Hyperdraw menus.

CSeye

Logician
More interesting but currently unusable bits of information:
- Once the ID column is created in the Event List by invoking the key command, it can be shown or hidden via the Event List View local menu.
... only if at least one of the notes has an Articulation ID different from zero.
In other words, if all the Articulation ID are set to "0", unticking the Articulation ID in the Event>View menu makes that Articulation ID no longer available/visible in that View menu. To have it back in the Event>View menu, one has to invoke its key command. Additionally, even though the Articulation ID is visible in the Event>View menu, if all notes Articulation ID are set to "0", the Articulation ID options will no longer appear in the other editors View>Hyperdraw menus.

Good to know that. Thanks! :thmbup:

We're ahead of schedule here in terms of knowing the ins and outs this new feature. Except it's real purpose is a matter of speculation.:D

Waiting and wondering is an exciting leisure activity...;)

Atlas

Logician
I remain however convinced that these Articulation ID are artefactual from the former Notator SL's codes...

CSeye

Logician
I remain however convinced that these Articulation ID are artefactual from the former Notator SL's codes...
Have you used Notator, or know specifically how this feature worked?

Logic 8 was my port of entry so I only have a superficial understanding of Logic's evolution.

An updated and more elaborate MIDI Meaning functionality would be a good start. But I would hope for a greater "connection" between notation symbols for dynamics and articulations (keyswitching, program changes) which Steinberg developed in Cubase 5, then further refined in Cubase 6.

Atlas

Logician
I checked back in my old Notator SL book and could not find in the book's index reference to Articulation... :redface:
I start doubting! Maybe I am confusing with old P-User events and some MIDI Meaning.:eeek:
Gee! I thing I am getting senile!:confused:
Anyway, lets keep positive and hope for the best!