There Must Be a Way of Doing This

Ever since I updated Logic, whenever I line up the Automation Line, when I switch tracks, it defaults to the beginning! (???) That has to be the dumbest most senseless thing imaginable. I have to figure there's a way to make it so one can switch tracks and ave it in the same place as the time line.

What am I missing? Help is appreciated.

@plangentmusic: It would make sense for you to refer to the manual and use the "official" terms in there. I understand neither "automation line" nor "The bar that shows where you are in the song". Maybe some screen shots would help clarify your issue??

kind regards

Mark

I agree with Mark. As it stands, we first need to find out what you mean before we can even think of a solution to your problem. If you use the right terminology, you get your solution faster and anyone else with the same problem in future benefits from that too.

the time line that shows what measure you're on.
Ok, I'll try and translate this into something that can be processed.

"Hi there. I am a Logic user for seven years, have used it since version 10.1.2, so I feel reasonably comfortable, now on a Macbook Pro from 2012, with High Sierra 10.13.6.

Ever since the update from Logic 10.3.2 to 10.4.8, every time I select another track by clicking on the Track Header, the Playhead jumps back to the start, which bothers me. It does not happen if I use the up-down arrows to change tracks.

I have tried so far:
- Quit Logic and reload the Project - no change
- Restart the computer - no change
- Create a new and empty Project - no change

I'd appreciate some pointers as to remedy this.
Thanks"

Is this what you're trying to convey ?

Ok, I'll try and translate this into something that can be processed.

"Hi there. I am a Logic user for seven years, have used it since version 10.1.2, so I feel reasonably comfortable, now on a Macbook Pro from 2012, with High Sierra 10.13.6.

Ever since the update from Logic 10.3.2 to 10.4.8, every time I select another track by clicking on the Track Header, the Playhead jumps back to the start, which bothers me. It does not happen if I use the up-down arrows to change tracks.

I have tried so far:
- Quit Logic and reload the Project - no change
- Restart the computer - no change
- Create a new and empty Project - no change

I'd appreciate some pointers as to remedy this.
Thanks"

Is this what you're trying to convey ?
Yeah. Know the answer?

I'd prefer if you'd show at least some minuscule effort and give a rundown similar to the template that I laid out for you so we can begin to guess how to solve this for you. If you can't be bothered, why should we ?

I'd prefer if you'd show at least some minuscule effort and give a rundown similar to the template that I laid out for you so we can begin to guess how to solve this for you. If you can't be bothered, why should we ?
I asked a question. I presumed it would be understood. Apparently you did understand it but you didn't like the verbiage I used and now you're going to be spiteful? Got it. Never mind.

You asked "My car makes this funny noise. What's wrong with it ? .....What ? why would you need more info ? You clearly have no idea about cars,"

This is not a quiz show where I get points for solving the most difficult riddles you can imagine without getting sued.

If you're not willing to provide the most basic information, then that's your choice.

Good luck.

@plangentmusic: I think both fuzzfilth and I made it pretty clear to you that we did NOT understand what you were asking. We tried to explain that to you - I made the suggestion that you try to find the appropriate terms in the logic documentation to help clearly describe your issue.

You do not seem to have done that, for whatever reason.

Here is the thing: Anyone here who tries to help does it without any sort of reward or other obvious benefit to themselves, in fact, he/she is devoting time and energy to helping, in most cases, a complete stranger. It seems to me that it is in the interest of the person looking for help - in this case you - to respond to those offering help in an appropriate way. That very often means going to the trouble to provide information the person helping may ask for. One thing is pretty certain - accusing people of being spiteful, rather than co-operating with them in the attempt to solve *your* problem - not their problem - can only have one ending.

I'm sorry I referred to the playhead as the time line . Nevertheless, you understood what I meant. And I'm okay with being corrected. But you're making an issue over semantics and I'm not interested in continuing to argue about it. I'd rather make music.

I think this post is a microcosm of so much that is wrong with communication and music itself today. People are more interesting in the technicalities than the creativity. In this case, the terminology is taking preference over actually helping or correcting the problem. I'll say it again. I'm sorry. I really am. I apologize with all my heart that I called the Playhead a time line. I'm not great with that stuff. But not for nothing., I have made a career in music for the last half century, as a player, an arranger, live, in concert, in the studio and in theater. I play 11 instruments. I'm just a little old school and am not up on some of the terminology. (Or sometimes forget). I just wanted a little help. In the future I'll be sure to use the proper nomenclature to everyone's satisfaction.

I'll try to explain it the best I can -- whenever I line up the track header to a spot in the recording , when I switch tracks and want to see where THAT track lines up with the track header -- it defaults the beginning. And I have to scroll back to where the track header is. I hope that makes sense. I don't know how else to explain it.

You'd rather make music and so do I, yet here we are. I asked you, I demonstrated to you what kind of information we need from you to solve this. For you, I might add. I personally couldn't care less if you get this to work or not, yet here I am. Do I know the solution right away ? Heck, no, that's why I'm trying to get some more information from you so maybe we find a solution but you make it feel like pulling teeth. And don't pull the "I'm doing this for half a century"-card as it obviously hasn't helped you solve it and it does not make you entitled either.

Roll back to my post #7 where I took the effort to demonstrate verbatim what is needed from your side and see what kind of information is necessary to make anyone's time worthwhile to just begin thinking of how to solve this. Try it, it's not that hard. You can do it.

Ha! I said i was making music for half a century, not working with the latest Logic program.

Anyway, I can tell you want to keep beating this dead horse to make your point and outside of saying 'Pretty please with a cherry on top" I really don't know what else you want fro me so feel free to remove yourself form the conversation and save further aggravation.

Back