Logic Pro 9 Track names in plug in windows

orcasound

Logician
Maybe I am mssing something - but in the channel strip window - your track basically has (2) names. - the actual track name itself located at the bottom of the channel strip window and the arrange window - and then another name - (Audio 2, Audio 2, etc.) -
By control clicking on the channel strip - you can choose to not display the "type and label number" - and this does remove the "audio 1" etc from the channel strip window - but when I open the plugin window - at the top of the plug in window - the track is still called by its "type and label no name"
This becomes very confusing with multiple plug in windows open -
any ideas how to ensure that the plug in window's name matches that of the channel strip/track name - not the the type and label.

thanks
kj
orca sound

At the top of the channel strip in arrange, just below the "Advanced Quantization" option, you will see "Audio 1", the default name (for the first audio track). Double click it, and name it what you will. The track name will change in the track itself, at the bottom of the channel strip, and on the Title Bar of the plugin(s) for that track.

Upvote 0
Great - thanks for the tip - Just out of curiosity, doesn't this seem a bit redundant - I mean if you name the trck name in the arrange window - and in the mixer window - what would be the purpose of this "second" label.
kj

Upvote 0
Yes, you could do it either way. Just "Create Track Name" should do all of that. Thing about Logic, there're usually multiple ways to do the same thing . . .

Upvote 0
Great - thanks for the tip - Just out of curiosity, doesn't this seem a bit redundant - I mean if you name the trck name in the arrange window - and in the mixer window - what would be the purpose of this "second" label.
kj

If I am understanding your question correctly, you are referring to the option in the "configure track header" window that allows for two discreet names to be displayed in the track list, right?

If so, the purpose is to give unique track names to multiple tracks all pointing to the same channel strip. For example, let's say you are using Audio 1 for a guitar solo. And maybe you have four or five instances of Audio 1 in your track list each with different takes of the guitar solo. Use this feature to give each track/take a unique name and simultaneously have them all display the basic channel strip name.

Not sure I answered what you were asking, but I hope I did :D

Upvote 0
Hi KJ,

I'm not sure why you are having this problem. Here is a screen shot of how this sort of scenario displays on my system. It seems to be fine here on my end. The open plug-in window displays my track name as expected. I have type and number label enabled in the Mixer's view options and see "audio 1" as expected. If what you are seeing here is what you are getting on your end, that is the expected behavior. If it is something else involving a specific plug-in displaying things incorrectly, is it possible it has to do with that plug-in?? - I don't know.....

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 0
Back