ULN2 Driver install problem

Legacy

Logician
Hi all,

This is a very newbie question, so please go easy on me:

I'm using Mountain Lion and am struggling with installing the drivers for my ULN2. After running the installer package, shouldn't I see the MIO driver appear in my Sound Preferences? And shouldn't I also see the driver when trying to select it in Logic? I just ran the MIODriver_5.4d219_Universal.pkg.zip, and don't see the driver installed anywhere, though the whole install and restart seemingly went smoothly. Please help if possible. Thanks!

Open your audio midi settings and see if you can locate the driver there. I can see from the Metric Halo site that the software is compatible, so I can't think of a reason why it didn't work.

There are a couple of things I can suggest: 1 unhide the user library.. I don't know if this will help but I have seen some drivers that won't work is the user library folder hasn't been made visible. Use this app to do it (and there are a number of very good reasons to pay and use this little gem): http://tweaksapp.com/app/mountain-tweaks/

The other thing is to disable gatekeeper: https://answers.uchicago.edu/page.php?id=25481

I'd give both those a try and then rein tall, see if that works.

Thanks for your reply George, but no luck, with either approach. I've submitted a trouble ticket with Metric Halo. Let me know if you think of anything else.

Regards,
Mark

George,

I've got it figured out. Evidentially the drivers don't become visible unless the ULN2 is physically connected to the MacBook. Who knew?

Regards,
Mark

Lol, I thought that would be "one for the books." I wonder how many trouble tickets Metric Halo gets about that...

Lol, I thought that would be "one for the books." I wonder how many trouble tickets Metric Halo gets about that...

I believe yours was the first. This behavior is described on pages 47-48 of the manual, in the "Box Info" section. There's a lot of useful information in there, so if you're unfamiliar with the system you may want to give it a look.

Allen

Back