undo for fader volumes

alienimplant

Logician
Many times during major remix productions, I have had to revert to saved versions at least 15 minutes back because I accidentally screwed a fader that took hours to tweak. I couldn't afford the fact that I couldn't be sure of where it was supposed to be set and often lost a lot of new work as a result. I really need undo for fader volumes. It is critical for me and long overdue.

I just had to bump this again because it is sooooooo overdue, haha. Seriously though, we need this badly. It is hilarious to me that you can undo an entire channel strip setting (very cool, thank you Apple) but still can't undo your last channel fader movement.

Undo for Logic volume faders

It's so disheartening that Apple STILL has not included volume fader movements in the Undo history. I really want to slap somebody silly at Apple. You can undo the last 10 plugins you opened and configured, but you still can't undo an accidental fader adjustment. *&^%$#@!

Please, can everyone reading this send a strong but courteous statement in the Logic Pro feedback link under the Logic Pro menu in Logic Pro (haha) so that we can all send a clear message that this omission has gone on long enough!

Hi all ! Am new to Logic, from Protools HD & Cubase. Am pretty much there with the essentials now, but despite RTFMing, am hoping to dip into this forum for help.

Am still struggling to find any way to undo the last mixer movement though. How do folks do this?

thanks all

x

Hi all ! Am new to Logic, from Protools HD & Cubase. Am pretty much there with the essentials now, but despite RTFMing, am hoping to dip into this forum for help.

Am still struggling to find any way to undo the last mixer movement though. How do folks do this?

thanks all

x

As mentioned in the thread, logic does not at present offer undo for volume changes in the mixer. As Alien Implant suggested, write to Apple and ask them to implement this. There are no guarantees, but the more requests they get, the better the chances that it *might* get implemented.

BTW, I just realised that we had two threads running dealing with the same wish. I merged them into one.

kind regards

Mark

thanks all

x

As mentioned in the thread, logic does not at present offer undo for volume changes in the mixer. As Alien Implant suggested, write to Apple and ask them to implement this. There are no guarantees, but the more requests they get, the better the chances that it *might* get implemented.

BTW, I just realised that we had two threads running dealing with the same wish. I merged them into one.

kind regards

Mark

Ah ok, thanks for the quick reply. Certainly i'll write (where is the best place to send the request?). I guess from my experience, every DAW has their weak spots.

Pro Tools HD costs a fortune (certainly too much for my business to buy a 2nd rig anyhow!)

Pro Tools LE doesn't have ADC or auto-fade/cross-fade of regions

Cubase is unstable.

Logic can't undo mixer movements.

I guess you just have to keep smiling !

Ah ok, thanks for the quick reply. Certainly i'll write (where is the best place to send the request?).

Please refer to this thread for more information, both about where to write to to send wishes and bug reports, as well as about how and what to post ( or not to post) in this part of the forum:
https://logic-users-group.com/forum...-first-how-to-post-about-bugs-and-wishes.110/

I guess from my experience, every DAW has their weak spots.

Pro Tools HD costs a fortune (certainly too much for my business to buy a 2nd rig anyhow!)

Pro Tools LE doesn't have ADC or auto-fade/cross-fade of regions

Cubase is unstable.

Logic can't undo mixer movements.

I guess you just have to keep smiling !

I suggest you discuss all of that in another thread, the wishlist is specifically for Logic only issues, as mentioned in the "how to" thread linked above.

kind regards

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Logic Feedback link in Logic Pro as mentioned at the top of this thread. My way of recovering a track volume is to save very frequently. Then if I need to keep working from my current point of production, hopefully I can use the Snow Leopard preview (spacebar when the file is highlighted while in the Finder) of the previous saved version and see the previous setting (if I'm lucky and the screen shot contains it). If not, I have no choice but open the previous song (save the current one as a new version first in case Logic crashes as it sometimes does during this process when tons of plugins are used) and look at the fader setting in that track.

Back