Logic Pro X Unwanted project name

peterlemer

Logician
Apolies if I've asked this before - it does ring a bell, however...

Deeply into project titled <name 1>, which is how it appears in Finder, and in 'Load previous'

but in the window header bar, it calls itself <name 1 - name 2> where name 2 is a completely different project.
Also in all other windows.

I've tried saving a copy, and 'saving as', and they all share this annoying feature.

So ... any ideas?

tia

pete

peterlemer

Logician
Close enough to get the job done, thanks :)
The path is File>Project Alternatives>Edit Alternatives>Rename and clear the old name

... and there was only <name 2> twice in there, so I deleted one but It didn't give me the opportunity to delete the other so I just backspaced till there was an empty field.

... and there was only <name 2> twice in there, so I deleted one but It didn't give me the opportunity to delete the other so I just backspaced till there was an empty field.
That has to do with the concept of "Project Alternatives" in Logic Pro X.
Instead of using the Save As command and create additional versions of Project represented by different Project Files, Logic allows you to save different versions, but store them "inside" that same Project File. That these different versions are called "Project Alternatives". Technically you don't even have to know about them when you don't use them. In that case, you work with the default "Project Alternative 00". Only when you create new Alternatives, you will see in the WIndow Bar the name of the Logic Project (the actual file name) followed by a hyphen, followed by the name of the Project Alternative that is currently loaded.
As Christian already mentioned, you can go to the Edit Project Alternatives window where you can rename and remove those Project Alternatives.

Based on that concept you will understand that the Edit Project Alternative Window has to have at least one alternative listed. That is the one that represents your Logic Project (that you cannot delete).

peterlemer

Logician
Thanks EdgarRothermic, I didn;t know that. When I visited the alternative pane, I only saw name 2, which was irrelevant.
Being the last name in the list I was unable to delete it, so I backspaced the ASCII, leaving an empty list.
The name 1 appeared correctly in the title bar without name 2, so problem solved, if in a roundabout way.

I should say that these Projects were sent to me by an engineer who compiled them from Pro Tools projects - that might explain these name 2 appearances

anyway, thanks everyone,

pete