Logic Pro (X) Unwanted text in score

tsengil

Logician
Completing a score and parts, I am finding unwanted bits of text showing up that I can't erase using the erase tool: nor can I currently find any other way of eliminating them. They sometimes disappear but then reappear when I'm moving another piece of text somewhere else.

Assuming it's not titiles or page numbers, I have often been confounded by bits of text outside the actual, displayed region, yet showing due to the layout position as opposedf to the actual position.

Might be worth uploading the project I'll have a look when I get a minute.

Upvote 0
I did find a solution last night. The trick is to go into "Show Staff Styles" , select the staff style that's near the problem, and massively expand the space above or below the staff. Then, in page view of your score, you'll see that some bits of text have moved relative to how the staff has moved on the page. You can then erase them. It is a bit of a trial and error method, but I have dealt with all my problems this way.

Upvote 0
I did find a solution last night. The trick is to go into "Show Staff Styles" , select the staff style that's near the problem, and massively expand the space above or below the staff. Then, in page view of your score, you'll see that some bits of text have moved relative to how the staff has moved on the page. You can then erase them. It is a bit of a trial and error method, but I have dealt with all my problems this way.

Yes, makes sense - but should not happen as it's less than intuitive.

Upvote 0
And I just remembered something I think related and funny. We know it isn't just Apple

I had an issue with my radio in my new car (Nissan Leaf).

Out the comes the manual. and I look up radio in the index.

Nothing there.

In the nd I thumb through the whole thing and find it under Digital Radio. Stupid me.

Upvote 0
Back