Logic Pro (X) Upgraded from Logic 9 to Logic X, old projects are glitched out

lukewells

Logician
My mac froze a couple days ago when using a different program besides Logic 9 and wouldn't turn back on. The apple store had to wipe my harddrive and re-install the latest operating system (OSX 10.9.2). I'm pretty sure I hadn't done the latest OSX update (I was probably at 10.9.1) when my computer froze. I had everything backed up though Time Machine but when I try running any Logic 9 projects since, they are all glitched out. I have 5 FINISHED tracks that I'm trying to save! I un-installed/re-installed Logic 9 and Logic X and it seems like new projects are working ok but my oder projects are glitched out. What is going on with that? How do I save my older projects? Here are some problems:

-NI Massive plugins were blank instead of saving my parameter levels.
-mute buttons seems to be connecting to mute buttons on other channels and I don't have that set to do that in the preferences.
-muting a track in all places doesn't mute the sound.
-extreme high volume levels and feedback that is coming from know where it seems.
-a number of other weird glitches..

Thanks for your time and help!

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
mid-2010 version

It looks like that those projects files have been corrupted somehow...
Have you tried importing those tracks into a fresh new project?

Upvote 0
The problem was fixed by re-installing or using different versions of plugins! I recommend taking them out of the project one at a time until the glitches go way.

Upvote 0
Back