Logic Pro 8 Upgrated from Tiger to Snow Leopard now Logic 8 wont open...Please helpp !!

ricky bster

i recently upgraded from tiger to snow leopard hope it wasn't a big mistake.. :( once i finished installing leopard my Logic Pro 8 just stop working.. I've tried restarting the mac a couple times and when i try to re open Logic it just crashes right before it ever gets to open.. Should I uninstall and reinstall ?? is there any setting i could set without having to un and re install.. pleaaase any help

Macbook Pro (Intel).. Snow Leopard 10.6
Logic Pro 8.. 8.0.2

Pete Thomas

Administrator
Staff member
is there any setting i could set without having to un and re install.. pleaaase any help
The obvious things to do first are to delete the Logic preferences from your user/library/preferences folder and repair permissions with Disk Utility.

Did you start with a blank hard drive, and then do a clean install of Snow Leopard (and then reinstall all your applications)? Or did you upgrade direct from Tiger to Snow Leopard, to save yourself the hassle of reinstalling everything?

Eli

Logician
I'm with George on this one. Run software update and make sure you have all the pro app updates installed.